Elphinstone Reef Trips
DiveWiz Diving Center
Enjoy a day trip to Elphinstone reef in Marsa Alam. One of the best dive sites of the Red Sea, where you can enjoy diving with amazing marine life, including the possibility of seeing Sharks, Manta Rays, Dolphins, and more.
Elphinstone Reef is one of the best dive sites you shouldn’t miss
Elphinstone Reef Overview
- The locals also know Elphinstone Reef as Sha’ab Abu Hamra, located in the open sea around 12 KM east of the coastline of Marsa Abu Dabbab.
- It takes about 17 minutes of a bumpy trip from the shoreline by Zodia, assuming suitable sea conditions.
- On the map, it looks like a speck of three hundred meters finger-shaped stretch of reef, and about twenty to forty meters wide.
- This reef extends north-south, and its middle section can usually be seen from the surface breakers as it is barely submerged below the surface at a depth of just one to two meters.
- The reef descends to an arrowhead-like point at around 40 meters of depth at its’ southernmost point, while the northern part gradually descends to about 42 meters.
- Late summer and early autumn have the warmest sea temperatures 29ºC in August compared to 22ºC in March.
- Different types of sharks can be seen all year round, however Oceanic Whitetips are most numerous during October to December.
- Although you are not guaranteed to see sharks as they are wild creatures at Elphinstone you do stand a very good chance, especially if you make repeat visits.
Elphinstone Reef trip plan
We start from Hurghada at 6:00 clock and back around 18:00 clock.
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Hurghada early morning to Marsa Alam.
- Our diving instructor will explain to you how the day will go and the dive plan.
- It is a speedboat diving trip. Depending on the pre-planned program, the speedboat goes for one or two dives and then back.
- The price for one dive is €170 and for two dives is €200 per person (at least two persons).
- For only one person private trip, the price for one dive is €300 and for two dives is €350.
- Prices include the Diving equipment, Pickup from Hotel and back, and the diving instructor.
- Food and beverage are not included in the price. Please be advised to bring water and snacks.
What to bring with you!
Towel & Sun Cream Water & Snacks
How to Book!
This trip must be booked a few days early to add to our schedule. Please, send us an email with your details and any requests you may have, and then our support team will get back to you with the proper reply.