Dugong and Turtle House Trips
DiveWiz Diving Center
We are excited to introduce you to one of the most exciting diving and snorkeling sites in the Red Sea of Egypt – the Dugong and Turtle House located in the heart of Abu Dabbab bay in Marsa Alam.
The Dugong and Turtle House off Abu Dabbab beach is a sanctuary for marine life enthusiasts. This site is named after the dugongs and turtles that can be spotted here, as well as the abundance of other marine creatures that call it home.
Enjoy diving and snorkeling with Dugongs and Turtles
Abu Dabbab beach Overview
- Abu Dabbab beach is about 210 kilometers South of Hurghada, it is a bay shaped with clean golden sands and crystal clear water.
- It is considered a paradise for snorkelers and divers as they can enjoy a whole day in the water with the Dugong, giant green Turtles, colorful Corals, and a wide range of marine life.
- You can spend the whole day relaxing on the beach swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing!
- You’ll find a nice selection of food & beverage at the snack bar.
- We can assure you that the Dugong and Turtle House in Marsa Alam is a must-visit location for anyone looking to add an unforgettable experience to their diving holiday in Hurghada.
The Dugong of the Red Sea
Often referred to as the “sea cow,” the Dugong is a fascinating marine mammal that is rarely seen in the wild, with only a few hundred individuals left in the Red Sea.
However, lucky divers and snorkelers who venture to the waters of Abu Dabbab bay in Marsa Alam have a chance to catch a glimpse of these gentle giants as they graze on seagrass beds.
These fascinating creatures can grow up to 3 meters in length and weigh over 400 kilograms, making them the largest herbivores in the Red Sea.
They spend most of their time grazing on seagrass beds, using their prehensile lips to pluck the vegetation from the sea floor.
While Dugongs can be difficult to spot, Abu Dabbab bay is one of the few places in the world where they can be seen regularly. Snorkeling or diving with these gentle giants is an unforgettable experience, as you witness them gracefully gliding through the water, with their large flippers propelling them forward.
Abu Dabbab trip plan
We start from Hurghada at 6:00 clock and back by 18:00 clock.
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Hurghada early morning to Abu Dabbab beach.
- Our team member will brief you on how the day will go, the beach facilities, the bay’s orientation and depth, and what to expect to see and where.
- Whether you booked a Snorkeling tour or a Scuba Dive, our team member will guide you, and then you will have the rest of the day to enjoy free time on the beach until the agreed departure time.
- The price for a Snorkeling trip is €150 per person (at least two persons) or €300 for only one person private trip.
- The price for a Scuba Diving trip is €200 per person (at least two persons) or €350 for only one person private trip.
- Prices include the Diving/Snorkeling equipment, Pickup from Hotel and back, the beach entrance fees, and the guide.
- Food and beverage are not included in the price. You can bring water and snacks, and then you can have lunch at the beach bar if you want.
What to bring with you!
Towel & Sun Cream Water & Snacks
How to Book!
This trip must be booked a few days early to add to our schedule. Please, send us an email with your details and any requests you may have, and then our support team will get back to you with the proper reply.